This recipe is perfect for cold fall and winter days, and who doesn’t love chili? My best friend, Taylor, has an amazing mom who makes some of the best food ever, and this is one of her recipes that she shared with me. I hope that if you have a crock pot and a love of chili that you’ll try this out because it’s super easy and incredibly delicious!
Spicy Chicken Chili
- 2 jars of salsa (1 large jar of black bean & corn salsa from Walmart / 1 full jar of medium salsa)
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken
- 2 cans of whole corn (1 drained & 1 not)
- 3 cans of beans (black beans, catalina white kidney beans, light red kidney beans)
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- Put the salsa in the crock pot
- Add the cleaned chicken, corn, beans, & chili powder
- Cook 6-8 hrs. on low, or 4 hrs. on high
If you want your chili to be a little bit spicier then you can substitute a hotter variety of salsa or add a little more chili powder. When I made this most recently I used a “hot” salsa instead of the large jar of black bean & corn salsa, and it definitely added some kick. You could also add some crackers and/or sour cream to your chili after serving. You really can’t go wrong with this, just pile it in, go about your business, and enjoy hours later! It’s perfect to come home to after a long day at school or work, and it’s definitely a hit with the guys!