I never got around to writing a blog post about my November Birchbox… I was just really disappointed with the products I was getting. I didn’t feel as though the samples were matching up well with the types of products I was hoping to try. After a little bit of research, I found the Ipsy Glam Bag service, which is very similar to Birchbox. Both only cost $10 a month, but the products are completely different. For one, every Glam Bag comes in an actual travel bag that you can use to store beauty products on the go. Another great aspect of the Glam Bag service is that you take a quiz to help them customize your samples to better suit your interests. This was the major appeal for me — I just got my Ipsy Glam Bag today, and I am already super excited about continuing my subscription with them!
1- NYX Loose Pearl Eye Shadow in Charcoal ($3) / 2- Mirabella Prime for Face & Eyes ($29) / 3- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero ($19) / 4- Mai Couture Highlighter Papier in St. Barts ($28) / 5- Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess ($14)
Maybe you know a lot about makeup, but maybe you don’t. Overall, I’m a lot more impressed with the quality of these products as well as the brands sampled. In addition to all of these great items, they also included a $20 promo code to be used at Just Fab and deals for each sampled company’s store (below). Although I haven’t had the chance to use all of the products yet, I have a feeling I’m going to love all of them!
- Be a Bombshell Cosmetics– 30% off any purchase (through 12/31/12)- code: IPSY30
- Just Fab– $20 off any purchase by new members (through 1/31/13)- code: IPSYFAB
- Mai Couture– 20% off any purchase (through 1/15/13)- code: IPSY1212
- Mirabella Beauty– 30% off any purchase (through 1/31/13)- code: ipsy
- NYX Cosmetics-30% any Loose Pearl Shadow (through 2/1/13)- code: IPSYDUST
- Urban Decay– receive a deluxe travel bag filled with luxury samples with a $25 purchase (through 12/31/12)- code: ipsy