I’ve been holding onto this post for a few months now, but I finally think I’m ready to share with you guys! (After all, this is my 50th post, y’all!) Growing up as a dancer, I’ve always been pretty well informed about makeup, but hair is a totally different mess of confusion in my book!
My hair is fine and naturally wavy, so I confess that I usually do little to no styling — lucky me, right? However, over the past year or so I’ve been attempting to grow my hair out, and if you’ve ever gone through the same experience then you know how much more effort it takes to style your ‘do every day when you have that much more of it! I’ve come to learn that products can really be a lifesaver and make it much easier to obtain those glamorous styles every girl craves.
So without further ado, here at my top five hair products you didn’t know you needed!
Maybe you’re a hair guru and you know about all of these secrets already, but maybe you’re like me and you didn’t know about them until just now! These are definitely some of the most used products in my bathroom, so check them out if you haven’t already!
- Dry Shampoo– This stuff is a miracle worker for second day hair! It gives you a textured, piece-y look without making your hair greasy. Dry shampoo actually works similar to baby powder in that it absorbs moisture, so it leaves your hair less oily! Seriously great for perfectly imperfect hairstyles.
- Curling Wand– These have gotten really big in the past year, especially this last summer. I’m talking mermaid waves on mermaid waves! Not only do the majority of curling wands heat up much faster than regular irons, but they also don’t leave those ugly clip lines in your hair! Just don’t forget to wear a heat resistant glove when you use one!
- Duckbill Clips– No, these are not for pulling your bangs out of your face (although they do work perfectly for that!). Use duckbill clips to set your curls by loosely wrapping your newly curled hair around your fingers, and clipping it to your head. Let cool and voila — you’ve got curls that are bouncy and last all day! I’ve never had a problem with them leaving lines either, but clips that are not made of metal are less likely to leave marks!
- Ceramic Thermal Hair Brush– This is the perfect brush for doing just about anything using your hair dryer. Bigger barrels (2+ inches) are great for straightening hair, while smaller ones (1 inch) can create beautiful curls. The trick is the ceramic interior, which absorbs the heat from your hair dryer, allowing your hair to be heat styled on both sides at the same time!
- Moroccan Argan Oil– If your go-to hairstyle is straight hair, you need to try some argan oil! The heat from straighteners can often dry out and damage hair – by adding a little Moroccan oil to the length of your hair (avoiding the roots) you’ll help moisture it as well as add some healthy shine! This trick works great on curly styles, too. Just be careful that you don’t use so much that you weigh down your hair. A little bit goes a long way!